Technical Consultant M/V
AMCS Group is a global leader in the design, development, implementation and support of environmental software and solutions for the recycling and waste management industry. AMCS technology operates on over 10,000 vehicles at over 2,000 sites across the UK, France, Benelux, Ireland, Nordics and North America.
The “end to end” solution offering brings a modular, feature-rich software suite and combines it with on-vehicle technology; RFID, weighing and onboard computing. AMCS’ integrated product offering has become the global industry standard, helping significantly reduce waste to landfill and encouraging more recycling.
We currently have a requirement for a Technical Consultant within route optimization at the AMCS Benelux office in Rotterdam. As technical consultant you will be part of the professional services team that is responsible for implementing our route optimization software packages at customers. The AMCS routing solutions are very complex software packages based on advanced optimization algorithms and state of the art software technology. As the solutions are mission critical to our customers, it requires the highest degree of skills and dedication of the implementation team.
As a Technical Consultant you will be involved in many different parts of the implementation project: technical design and specifications, installation, test, documentation, training, etc. As we are working with small, dedicated implementation teams, a high degree of responsibility and versatility is required from the consultants. Parts of the job will be carried out from the AMCS Benelux office in Rotterdam, but there will also be activities on site at the customer with direct interaction with super users, IT professionals, project management, etc.
- Work as a part of the AMCS implementation team together with the customer
- Ensure that solution design is robust and matches requirements and expectations from the customer
- Ensure that integration between AMCS products and 3rd party software packages is functional and robust
- Be responsible for actual installations, testing, documentation and training of super users and IT at the customer site
- Ensure that the customer benefits from the solution
Desired Skills and Experience
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research or equivalent. Previous work experience is not required.
- Advanced IT skills within Windows, XML, XSLT, SQL
- Ability to understand and explain complex problems
- Ability to work for demanding customers
- Structured and organized
- Good communication skills
- Logistic knowledge is an advantage but not a requirement
- Driver license (B)
- Fluent in Dutch and English. French or German skills is an advantage